Ideas for Expressing Support
- Send a card, note, and/or email letting the person know you are thinking of him or her.
- Make a donation in the owner/animal's honor.
- Send a letter describing one thing you will always remember about the animal who died.
- Listen – don't talk about you or your grief experiences – just listen.
- Send a self-care package to the grieving person.
- Make a date soon to do something together – a walk, a movie, an ice cream – anything.
- Frame a picture of the animal who has died and send/take to the grieving person.
- Send a package of Forget-Me-Not seeds with a simple note that you remember.